CHRIS COOPER'S BLOG - infrequent forays into fun, freedom, fysics and filosophy...


Remove the numerals from the following to contact me directly:

chris1-cooper2
@ntlworld.com



























 
Archives
<< current













 
Liberty links
... feel free

David Friedman
free-market.net
Samizdata.net
Transport Blog
Freedom and Whisky
Natalie Solent
Dodgeblog
Biased BBC
The Liberty Log
Brian's EDUCATION Blog
Dynamist.com

The world in a grey brick
... for the Psion 5mx, greatest of PDAs
3-lib
Psion Place
Phil Spencer's Psion Page
FoxPop
Organizer4you
Psion pages of Sergio Alisi
Huub Linthorst's programs
TuCows EPOC site
Pascal Nicolas' freeware
Paul Dunkel's repair guide

The human mind
... evidence for its existence
Human Nature Review
Richard Dawkins
Steven Pinker

Data hygiene
... the truth is in here

Statistical Assessment Service
Urban Legends Archive
JunkScience.com
Number 2 Pencil

A foreign country
... my past, where they do things differently

Imperial College Physics class of '66
Peter Symonds email directory
Dan-Dare.net
Peter Symonds Unofficial Nostalgia Corner




























Blogosophical Investigations
 
Saturday, February 12, 2005  

A significant anniversary

It's one year to the day since my last post here. If you want to know what kept me away - well, I can't quite recall right now. If I could, I wouldn't bore you with it anyway. This is a punditblog, not a journalblog. I mention my private life when I can draw some wider point from it. Can I make any general point about an absence from blogging of a year? Let's think. Here's William James on the importance of keeping up habit:

Never suffer an exception to occur till the new habit is securely rooted in your life. Each lapse is like the letting fall of a ball of string which one is carefully winding up; a single slip undoes more than a great many turns will wind again.

Perhaps I was daunted by the size of the blogosphere. My blogwatcher is Bloglines, which does the job very adequately for me. Here are just a few of the 64 feeds that I don't get around to reading at the moment. (I won't give links - just google for them.)


Agoraphilia: mostly the microeconomics of everyday life

EnviroSpin Watch: Philip Stott keeping globally cool

ifeminists.net: news for women who don't mind being individuals

Language Log: language up close, with Google usally being the microscope

Oh, That Liberal Media: "highlighting liberal bias, agendas, distortions and erroneous reporting..." - in an even-handed way, of course

Adam Smith Institute Blog: giving a big hand to that invisible hand

Natalie Solent: I read her for the sewing

SteynOnline: almost another P J O'Rourke

And science news from The Economist, Scientific American, The Guardian, New
Scientist
and so on.

And those are just the subscriptions I care to make public.


10:25 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
 
This page is powered by Blogger.